Alma Health Skilled Services is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to provide part-time intermittent care by nurses, home health aides, physical therapists, and social workers. We work with various insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and social workers to provide a source for skilled care services for the client to receive in their own home. Our staff are screened to their licensure and come with experience and proficiency within their field.
When is home health care necessary?
- When a disease becomes worse or a new one develops
- Post-hospitalization or rehab with a need for assessment and/or education
- When slipping or falling becomes a concern or has already happened
- When daily routines become too difficult to perform without assistance
- When the patient has a wound and requires care beyond the hospital stay
- When the patient is either not compliant with or regularly forgets his or her medication
- When a patient requires lab work
- When orders given by doctors cannot easily be followed by the patient alone
Our skilled nurses also tend to a variety of client needs including:
- Wound care and vacs
- IV Care
- Cancer Care through Telehealth with the ability to administer chemotherapy
- Cardiac Care
- Geri-Psychology Care
- Fall Prevention Benchmarking
- Infection Prevention Study
Our services do not end at the physical care of the patient but extend to helping the patient understand the health care process and anything about his or her health plan that may not be well understood. We aim to educate both the patient and family on everything that is happening or needs to be addressed. Having a common understanding makes the decision and process of home health much more worry-free and comfortable for all those involved. We understand that every patient is different and requires his or her own care plan. We provide care specific to the patient, his or her health, family, and even work around language barriers. We take these extra steps to ensure our patients completely understand everything about their care plan and nothing is left to question.